Sunday, November 7, 2010

Zombieland Movie Review

I mentioned I saw Zombieland in an earier post, and I think I also mentioned I would do a movie review. It's a possibility. So anyway, seeing as I do not have all that many other things to blog about, I will tell what I thought about the movie. So If you haven't seen it, I'm probably going to spoil some of it. But you should see it anyway. If you want.
The movie is pretty much about this wimpy guy, whom I will call Columbia, who finds a tough guy, and they team up to fight zombies. Then they find these two girls, and at first, the girls trick them and steal all of their zombie huntin' stuff. Now in this movie, the zombies are not that smart. I will point of that I personally do not like zombies all that much, because they are impractical and creepy. So I have not seen that many zombie movies, and do not have that much to compare these zombies to. But they are slow, and not very intelligent. they are not faster than people, (like in I Am Legend) but kinda just like normal people. who eat other people. Anyway, Columbia and the tough guy are mad at the two girls, so they go after them to beat them up or something. It really is not all that clear as to what they will do when they try to catch them, maybe just steal their stuff back, but that's kinda weak. And I forgot to mention, they found the two girls in a grocery store, because the tough guy, Tallahassee, really wants to find a Twinky. So Columbia and Tallahassee never get to take their stuff back, because they find the girls car that they stole, but then the girls sneak up on them and take them captive. This is a pointless move, because the girls, who obviously at this point show some kind of trickery and intelligence, could have just stolen Tallahassee's car again, and kicked him and the Columbia out. Then they would not have to always watch their back, need less food, and might get better gas mileage. (I dunno, less weight might give you better mileage. I think thats how it works.) But I guess the older girl, who is the same age as Little Columbia (like 20 i guess), had a thing for him. so they kept him. Oh, and throughout the movie, all of the characters are trying to go somewhere. the girls are trying to go to a theme park, so when Columbia gets told that the city he is going to, Columbia (everybody is named after their city), is a ghost town, he goes to the theme park too. Which is close to LA. So because Tallahassee has no choice, and all he wants to do is find a twinky, he comes along too. This kinda makes sense. Everyone becomes friends, and they decide to go to Bill Murrys house. Columbia and the smaller girl watch Ghostbusters, while the older girl, Wichita and Tallahassee just chill in the other room. they find Bill Murry who dressed like a zombie to not be eaten. I think It's pretty cool that he is in a movie, as himself. That alone made the movie just that much better for me. He's a cool guy. anyway, he decides to play a prank on Columbia and the small girl, Little Rock, and pretends to walk in to his movie theatre like a zombie. because he still has his makeup and whatever on. So then Columbia freaks and shotgun'd Bill Murry. Even though i saw this coming, it was still too bad. anyway, they decide to give him a proper funeral, by dropping him off the balcony. To sum up the rest of the movie, the girls ditch them in the night and go to the theme park, and atract a lot of zombies. Columbia realizes he loves Wichita, so he a Tallahassee go to the theme park too. they save the girls, and Tallahassee gets a twinky at the end.
 I thought this movie saved zombies for me. I had a negative impression, but combining the whole freaky zombie thing with a comedy really made it better. and Jesse Eisenberg is a pretty cool guy. He was in The Social Network. I didn't see that. So I would give it a 7/10 for plot. It carried along quite well, and kept you intrigued, although it did not reeally make sense in some parts. But that is even better. It complemented the Comedy part of the movie. I would give that an 8/10. So it was a swell movie.

1 comment: