Sunday, April 17, 2011

Source Code


Well, tonight I saw Source Code, and I have to say, this movie was quite theatrical, and the ending was unexpected. Both elements give it an air of non-clichéness, always a good thing. I am going to assume you already know the primace, if not watch the trailer. There was one point where the protagonist just prevailed, and they started playing this heroic music, scored by Chris Bacon, and it seemed at that point that the movie was almost over, and it would have been slightly disappointing. Up until the final scene, the movie had done in an inverted parabola (y= -a (x)²) of satisfaction, meaning, towards the beginning, I was thinking, "You know, this is actually really cool", but towards the end I was thinking, "well that was quick... I guess it's over now.." which was overcome in the end, but nonetheless, I guess that's just what happens when you get accustom to watching terribly long movies, such as Inception or the extended directors cut of Avatar. 
Overall, It had a great concept, the plot was not as compelling as it could have been, but this does not subtract from the overall presence. The science behind the "Source Code" was briefly touched over, and no, it did not make any sense. I could go in depth as to how much the science does not make sense, but I didn't myself did not gather anything from his rambling except it deals with quantum physics, or something. And probably logarithms. I mean, who doesn't like logarithms?
*SPOILER*
Wouldn't want this to happen, Captain Stevens, now would we?
One comment, would the Captain Colter Stevens still have lived in the alternate reality where he ambushed the  Indian guy if he had not been hit by a train? Because it seems it wouldn't really affect the guys life if he wasn't on the train and the bomb still blew up, besides him leaving with an eternally guilty conscience. Or did he only continue with the alternate reality in the end because Goodwin pressed the big red button at the exact right moment? I don't know. I mean, they said it was impossible. But maybe because he also saved the train..? Just a thought. Also, I just thought it was cool when he was confronting Frost at the end. 
*END SPOILER*
Dumbledore dies.  
*END END SPOILER*
Woah, how did that get there. 
Anyway. Overall, It actually was satisfactory towards the end, and I was pleased with how it had ended. Also, it had Russel Peters! 
Overall, I will give this movie a 7/10, and I recommend you watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment